Thursday, November 30, 2017

Make It Monday #305 - Love Of Layers

Hello friends.  Laurie has a wonderful video for this week's Make It Monday challenge on using layers...LOTS and LOTS of layers!

I still had the Quoted: Favorite Things stamp set laying out from making tags, so when this challenge came up and I looked at the stamp set, the idea was born.  I may not have used LOTS and LOTS of layers, but I used a few!


I loved on Laurie's card how she kept most of her layers in the same color, so I decided on kraft cardstock as my color of choice.  I layered on a piece of striped DSP from the Kraft Pattern Pack that I had inked up the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink to my kraft card base first.  The sentiment was stamped also onto kraft cs with Soft Suede ink and then die cut with the largest Brushed Off Rectangle.  I stamped the center part of the saying with Early Espresso ink onto another piece of cardstock and pop dotted it on top of the bottom layer.  I added some string and then pop dotted that whole layer onto the striped DSP layer.  I loved how the "very merry" from the Tiny Tags stamp set fit perfectly onto the tiny, tiny tag that comes with the Quoted: Favorite Things stamp set!  My tree from the In The Meadow die collection was also distress inked around the edges and then I also added some gold embossing to the edges and also some Frantage Shabby White Embossing Enamel to the center of the tree.  And of course the star is the darling little mouse from Christmas Critters.


Isn't he just the sweetest all dressed up in his Christmas sweater?!  And I loved adding some black Nuvo Drops for his eye and nose!  Hopefully this photo also gives you a better look at all my layers!  This was definitely a FUN challenge for me!  As much as I've come to appreciate CAS, I do love layering too!  :0)

Check out Laurie's beautiful card and video right HERE and then play along! 


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

lainey said...

Ack!!! Marcia, this is so.stinking.cute! Love it with all the Kraft and just a few pops of red. Absolutely A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!!

Carmela said...

This is an adorable card, Marcia. I love the tan and red and your little mouse is so cute! Clever design.

Nancy G said...

Awww Marcia, this is SO SO sweet!! You amaze me with your talent!

Colleen said...

Oh gosh friend you come up with the most clever cards. I love that you used the cute critter! Fabulous card! Heart hugs! Colleen

Helen F. said...

What a sweet card, Marcia. Love the little mouse in his Christmas sweater and all of your Kraft layers are perfect!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh how cuuuute Marcia! Love the sweet little Christmas mouse and all the Kraft layers! Fabulous take on the challenge!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Ohh....how utterly adorable is this!!! I love that wee little mouse and I love the colours you have used. Absolutely PERFECT with the sentiment. Well done you! Cheers.

Donna Phelan said...

Oooh I adore your Christmas card in Kraft! You have chosen the most perfect sentiments too! I also love your sweet little mouse all decked out in his (non-ugly) Christmas Sweater! This is FAB!

Vikki H said...

Your rustic, country card with the little mouse critter is adorable! Very good details!

Greta said...

Very creative & so cute, Marcia! I love the kraft on kraft!

Ros Crawford said...

What a fantastic card!! I love the layers and the design... Absolutely wonderful!