Tuesday, November 21, 2017

CAS Watercolour Nov. 2017 - Holiday

Hello friends.  This is a 2nd card for the CAS Watercolour challenge this month.  I had a new Penny Black die and this was a good opportunity to use it!


Here's what I came up with:


The die is called Berries and Leaves and I die cut it from TH Watercolor Paper and used my Zigs and Aqua Painter and inks to watercolour the image.  I used a SU! Music Background stamp for my background layer and added a little bit of color using TH Tea Dye Distress Ink and water to give it a vintage feel.  My top layer I die cut an oval out to frame the leaves and berries, and then added my sentiment from PTI's Cutaway Tags: Winter and also added a few small die cut snowflakes from Impression Obsession (DIE100-F).

There are some absolutely GORGEOUS cards this month from the DT and in the gallery, so be sure to check them out!  This challenge is open until the 24th, so be inspired and then play along right HERE.
 
Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


5 comments:

Birgit said...

This is so pretty Marcia! What a lovely die that is too! I just love the look of your water coloring and the music print in the background and snowflakes bring this all together perfectly.

Loll said...

Your leaves and berries are beautiful, Marcia. Great work with your watercolouring. And great design to add a bit of colour to the music background ... it really does look vintage. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

nancy littrell said...

Oh My, Marcia...your die cuts and watercoloring are gorgeous for your beautifully CAS design. TFS your beauty my friend. Hugs

Christine Alexander said...

Marice, your leaves and berries are so pretty. I love the frame and the music background with the soft splashes of colour. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Marcia! I love the watercolour sprig atop the "antiqued" music score! Love those snowflakes too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!