Friday, November 17, 2017

Loll's Twelve Tags Of Christmas

Hello friends.  One more tag to share from Loll's Twelve Tags Of Christmas event.  This is a mixed media tag event, and for my tag I used stamping, stenciling, embossing, and die cutting.



I made a stencil by die cutting a Cheery Lynn Holly design, and then stenciled through it onto my tag with Ocean Tides ink.  Next I lightly embossed in gold the music background using a SU! music stamp.  My Poinsettia's were die cut using a Gina Marie Designs die and then sponged, and wrinkled up, and then somewhat flattened out to give a little bit of dimension and a distressed look.  I also added a few drops of gold Nuvo Drops to the centers of each Poinsettia.


My sentiment was die cut and embossed using W Plus 9's Hand Lettered Holiday stamp and die set.  I also quite liberally sprayed Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz all over the tag to make it really sparkle in the light!

Today is the last day of this tag event as far as new tags from Loll and her GD's go, but the linky is open until the 24th if you'd like to play along for the chance at one of the two prizes.  You can check it all out right HERE.

**SPECIAL NOTE** Just a note to let you know my Subscribe by email has been fixed for those of you who want an email notification when I have a new post come up.  I apologize for this glitch...I never knew it wasn't working until a few of you mentioned it.  You should be good to go now...thank you for your patience! 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


6 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous tag Marcia!! LOVE the colour you've used in the background ... looks amazing with your red poinsettia. Great layering with the stencil and then heat embossing music. Fantastic mixed media design! Thanks for joining my tag event. I've signed up for your email subscription!! xx

Carmela said...

Outstanding job. Love the background and your beautiful poinsettias.

Nstiz said...

Your background is outstanding! Love the crisp look of the musical score combined with the stenciling. How wonderful your poinsettia looks after crumpling, a technique I've long forgotten. Beautiful tag!

nancy littrell said...

Marcia, Gorgeous stenciled background and Stunning die cut and shaped poinsettias. Every detail of your tag is so beautiful, including your gold heat embossed sentimen. TFS my friend. Hugs

Ros Crawford said...

Sorry I have been missing, I love your tag with those gorgeous poinsettia and all your previous creations Marcia... It's always a pleasure to visit.

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, I love all the layers of your tag. the stenciling, stamping and the beautiful poinsettia.