Wednesday, November 8, 2017

CAS Watercolour Nov. 2017 - Holiday

Hello friends.  Playing along with this months CAS Watercolour challenge where it's all about the HOLIDAYS!


And here's what I came up with:


 I just love how this card came out!  I started with using Loll's Splash Watercolour Technique with Salty Ocean and Stormy Sky distress inks.  Once dry, I stamped PB's Berry Bevy in black over my watercolouring, and then added LOTS of berries using Autumn Red Nuvo Drops (one of my latest obsessions!).  Once the drops were dry (they take awhile), I adhered the panel to a white card base and then added a white die cut frame that I had stamped my sentiment on using SSS Holiday Trimmings.  I also added foam behind my die cut frame to add some dimension.  A very simple card really but I love the peacefulness to it!

Lots of time left to play with this challenge, and some absolutely amazing inspiration from Loll, the DT, and cards already in the gallery...definitely a must see!!  You can check it all out HERE

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is stunning!! It's arty and so very interesting... Beautifully done!

Linda said...

So very beautiful Marcia. I have a little trouble with the splashing technique, but yours is perfect.

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, it's gorgeous, your splash technique looks like clouds an a very wintry day. so awesome. thanks for sharing with CAS Watercolour :)

Loll said...

WOW!!! LOVE this card Marcia!! The splash background is perfect for sky and I love your branches and berries. Looks like I need to shop and get some more colours of Nuvo Drops ... these are just perfect for a Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Bonnie said...

Wow! Your berries are so pretty with this splash background, Marcia! And all so beautifully framed! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Susan said...

I love your card, Marcia! A beautiful background, a gorgeous branch with wonderful berries, and a great layout with the frame. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Splash watercolour sky background, Marcia for your Winter Berries image. Love your white framing too. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs

Ina G said...

Fabulous background and gorgeous PB stamp. Love those Nuvo 'Berries' and perfectly framed. Thanks for sharing at CAS Watercolour Marcia. Ina Guest Designer.

HJ said...

Beautiful card. Love the watercolored background and the berries. Enjoy your day!