Monday, November 27, 2017

Merry Monday #267 - A Color Challenge

Hello friends.  This week at Merry Monday is a color challenge, so dig out your blues, greens, and white, silver, or vellum!


 Here's what I came up with:


I had fun doing a technique I saw Jennifer McGuire do a few weeks ago using Alcohol Inks, blending solution, and a cotton ball.  (You can see Jennifer's video HERE)  I used Botanical and Pool colors and was hoping my colors would be a little more intense, but am still happy with the way the background came out.  I used an AliExpress die in white and added a silver embossed sentiment from PTI's Ways To Say: Merry Christmas.  CAS and FUN!


Can't wait to see what YOU come up with this week using these colors.  The DT has some beautiful inspiration too, so check it all out and play along with us right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Kelly Lunceford said...

I love the white silhouettes against that beautifully created sky! Gorgeous!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a pretty die-cut and LOVE the background technique.Thanks for your comments about my hubby the past few weeks.He's doing very well post-surgery!

Colleen said...

As soon as I saw the background, I knew it was alcohol inks and it is so pretty, Marcia! I adore your white die cut, perfect for that card! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Loll said...

Fun background, Marcia. Don't you just love that sweet die from AE?? I have used it A LOT this year! :) Beautiful card, Marcia! xx

Ros Crawford said...

I love the colours, so subtle and perfect for that die cut ... Beautiful card!

Linda said...

I recognized that technique from Jennifer. Very pretty Marcia. I played with those techniques too. Love the white die cut over that pretty background. Hope you have a great week.

Nancy Penir said...

Ooooh, love the technique and will watch the video! But how could a card be sweeter than yours... gorgeous dies against a dreamy bg = loveliness! can't wait to play along!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the look of those stripes for your winter sky, Marcia! Yummy white scene too!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Marcia. Love the white deer against the lovely background.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love your background!! It really pops with the white silhouette.

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning card, I love this scene with your fabulous background.

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous background Marcia, lovely way to show off your die cut.

Darnell said...

I missed this pretty card when you posted it, Marcia, and I missed the cotton ball technique on JM's blog, but I sure lucked out finding this in my mailbox! Thank you so much, my friend!! I love the way the colors turned out and I've bookmarked this to try the cotton ball and ink! Hugs, Darnell