Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Create Along With Us - November 2017

Hello friends.  Playing along with Papertrey Ink's Create Along With Us challenge today, where we are given the opportunity to CASE one of the designer's cards from release week.  I've always been a BIG fan of Melissa's lovely style, and her snowflake card this month had my jaw dropping!



I loved everything about this beauty...the colors, the softness with the vellum, the layers, all of it!  Here's what I came up with:


I used What The Doodle: Snowflakes to stamp my background in Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, Limeade Ice, & Green Parakeet inks.  On my vellum layer I used one of the To The Point Edgers II dies and then also used one of the leaf fronds from Holiday Greens and embossed it with WOW Wanderlust embossing powder at the top of the vellum layer.  I used the largest die from Fancy Flakes and layered it over the vellum along with a holly die cut from Holly Jolly.  My sentiment is from Think Big Favorites: #21 and I finished off the card with a bit of pink & white bakers twine tied at the top of my card.



So much beautiful inspiration to choose from this week...it will be fun to see what everyone chooses to CASE!  Check it all out right HERE and then play along.  
 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia, your card is jaw dropping gorgeous as well! I love the colors and touches of vellum and glitter. So, so pretty my friend!

Linda said...

Beautiful case of Melissa's card. So pretty, Marcia.

merryf said...

So absolutely charming! What a perfect CASE of Melissa's card!

Nancy Penir said...

Ooooh, lovely and sparkly! Beautiful in every way. Adore Michelle's style, and you really took her card and cased it to perfection. Wonderful! PS, have I told you how gorgeous your blog header is? Love it's autumn goodness!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Marcia! Love the beautifully stamped background and pretty shimmery details! Great take on the challenge!

Greta said...

Beautiful take on Melissa's card, Marcia! You've reminded me I have yet to ink up What the Doodle Snowflakes!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love this!! great case, love the soft colours.
xx Karen

Susan Watanabe said...

I see we have like taste. Beautiful CAS on Melissa’s sweet card, Marcia! Love the shimmer on your velum layer. 😁

Vicki Finger said...

I can tell that Melissa has been missed by many of her forum friends who are inspired by her for this hop. She has such a way with lovely, soft colors and you've captured that perfectly!

Christine Alexander said...

great CASE, love the background and the pretty vellum :)

Carmela said...

Beautiful job on your card, Marcia! I have been loving all your Christmas projects. Nicely done.

lainey said...

So pretty Marcia! I love the use of the non-traditional colors. I'm trying to do that more often this year.

Helen F. said...

Oh Marcia, this is Gorgeous! Love the big snowflake taking center stage, the stamped background and all the glitter. Your CASE of Melissa's card is beautifully done

Traci M said...

Beautiful take on Melissa's card!! That was definitely a favorite of many...and I love the way you added the pretty twine and embossing!