Friday, November 24, 2017

Make It Monday #304 - Photo Ornaments

Hello friends.  This weeks Make It Monday challenge is brought to us by Lexi and she has a wonderful tutorial on making photo ornaments.

My first thought was to make ornaments of my 2 adorable grandbabies, but then I remembered all my photos of them are on my phone and not printed...grrrr!  So Wednesday afternoon while I should have been doing more Thanksgiving prep (I had a wonderful Thanksgiving...did you?!!), I went through an old box of photos of our 3 girls when they were young and spent a wonderful trip down memory lane...can't believe how much I enjoyed that!!  But anyway, I picked 3 photos I thought would work and made them into tags that I am going to put on the girls Christmas gift this year.  I think they are going to get such a kick out of these tags!!


I used the same Limitless Layers: Hearts dies that Lexi used, but cut mine from gold mirror cardstock, and then added a holly die cut also in gold using the Holly Jolly dies.  A few drops of Nuvo Red Berry Crystal Drops and gold cord finished off my sweet tags.  Our oldest daughter Caitlin had a real love affair with umbrellalella's (as she called them!), and loved to twirl and dance with them...I think she will get a real kick out of this photo!  Our middle daughter Colleen was the most photogenic baby and I just had to use a photo from her baptism day...I miss holding that beautiful little baby girl!!  And our youngest daughter Calla loved to pose for the camera...her 2 older sisters used to cry when I'd ask them to pose for a picture, but not Calla!  She would smile away every time!
This was such a wonderful challenge for so many reasons, so thank you Lexi for taking me on this trip down memory lane!  I may just have to get that same box of photo's out on Christmas day and let the girls take a little trip too!

There are still a couple days left to play in this challenge, so check out Lexi's wonderful video and adorable photo ornaments, and then play along.  You can find all the details right HERE.
 
Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Sadie said...

Marcia, these are adorable! What a good idea to use the photos of your used to be babies! I really like your tags and I'm thinking I need to copy your idea. My babies are all grown up as well. Love it!

lexi said...

sweet girls and ornaments - it will be so fun to use them as tags on their gifts!! i love going through old photo boxes. just did a lot of that this past year when my oldest graduated from high school looking for various slide show and yearbook pics - always so fun! thanks for playing make it monday! p.s. my second is colleen, too!!

Linda said...

Beautiful ornaments, Marcia. So lovely with the gold.

Kelly S. said...

Adorable ornaments...and grandchildren!

Kelly S. said...

I mean your 3 kids :)!!

Loll said...

What fun you must have had going through the photos, Marcia. The tags of the girls are so precious and I bet they will LOVE getting them on their gifts. Such a wonderful gift in itself. xx

Birgit said...

Oh these are so adorable! I see Addy in the first photo tag. What a pleasant trip down memory lane that must have been for you. I'm sure your girls will love their tags!

Greta said...

What a great idea, Marcia! Bet they are going to absolutely love seeing these on presents this year!

Vicki Finger said...

These turned out so great!!! I love the itty bitty holly leaves.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh how cute!! What lovely photos and so precious!