Saturday, November 4, 2017

Celebrating With Dawn McVey

Hello friends.  For those of you who are Papertrey Ink fans and follow their designers, you are no stranger to Dawn McVey!  Dawn has had health issues for I believe over 7 years now with her small intestine, and just last week underwent transplant surgery to receive a new one.  So today we want to celebrate with Dawn this new lease on life by having a blog hop using stamps and dies that Dawn has designed!  It will take 4 - 6 months of recovery for Dawn, so let's shower her with lots of encouragement and of course cards!!

I have many favorite stamp sets by Dawn (Vintage Linens, Floral Sketches, Spruce & Sprigs, Holiday Greens, Garden Party, Mum's The Word, Friendly Flowers, and the list goes on...), but my favorite, FAVORITE is Gran's Garden!  I just LOVE this set, so it was a no brainer to make my card using these beautiful stamps!  Dawn is also not afraid to use color, and one of my favorite color combo's she uses is pink and red together!  I never thought those two went together till I saw Dawn use them together...now it's one of my favorite combo's and of course what I had to use on my card!  Take a look:


Doesn't the Pure Poppy and Raspberry Fizz look FABULOUS together?!!  I started with a water colored background (Peerless Watercolors) using red & pink, and then added a few thin strips of Raspberry Fizz cs to the side and bottom of my water color panel as a place to ground my bouquet.  Next I stamped my sentiment (Year Of Psalms: July) and then built my bouquet of flowers and leaves around it.  My water color panel was attached to a Raspberry Fizz card base.

Dawn is an incredibly strong Christian woman and her faith is everything to her.  She is so inspiring and encouraging to others when sharing her faith, and I feel just incredibly blessed to know her through Papertrey Ink and Instagram.  I will continue to lift her and her husband Bart in prayer as they journey through this long road ahead to recovery and a healthy new life, as I know hundreds of others will too!  This blog hop for Dawn will be open for a week, so join in and help us shower Dawn with all kinds of love and encouragement as she heals.  You can find it all right HERE.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


25 comments:

Colleen said...

Stunning card, Marcia...the flowers and stripes just enhance the beautiful sentiment! Very well done, my friend, this is one she will LOVE!

Vicki Finger said...

Gorgeous! I think we all must love Gran's Garden! I plan to make another card using it.

Nancy Penir said...

Oh Marcia, who wouldn't be encouraged by this exquisite card! Gran's Garden was a favorite from the beginning. I couldn't believe just how many of my favorites were among her designs. This card you made is going in my file to be cased... GORGEOUS! She will love it!

Birgit said...

What a stunning card this is Marcia, Dawn will be so delighted!! She has so many amazing sets, it's going to be hard to choose which one to use. The stripes are the perfect grounding point for your lovely flowers!!

Marybeth said...

I fell in love with this card as soon as I saw it , Marcia! You did Dawn proud I am sure with this stunning beauty. What a beautiful post too!

Cindy O said...

Very beautiful! Your watercolor background and strips of card stock make a great setting for the Psalm verse with those gorgeous flowers and leaves. I'm sure Dawn will smile to see this!

Kathryn A said...

Marcia, I love how you’ve framed the sentiment with the flowers, leaves and strips of cardstock! Love those colours together, too!

Kelly said...

this is such a beautiful card made with one of my favourite stamp sets! and, yes! the pure poppy and raspberry fizz look great!

lainey said...

Marcia, this is absolutely beautiful and the colors will make Dawn proud! I still haven't purchased Gran's Garden but after seeing your card I must get it. Thanks....

Luanne said...

So fantastic! I love everything about your card, the water coloring, the Pink strips along the corner, not mention Grans Garden! Love, love love it, and so will Dawn!

Linda said...

Marcia, great minds think alike since we both used Gran's Garden. Love the pink and red combo that Dawn uses quite often. Fabulous card my friend. Dawn is going to love this.

Darnell said...

Dawn is going to love the card you made for her, Marcia, and this beautiful post! She will be so proud of how you rocked the bright pinks and reds!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Such a lovely job you did and Gran's Garden is definitely on my wish list! Especially now. Such beautiful bright colors!

Diana K said...

It is gorgeous. The End. I used Gran’s Garden for the first time this week. I’ve had it for a while and I don’t know why I was « hoarding » it but I was. Your tribute to Dawn is very touching.

Imke said...

Adorable card, Marcia. Raspberry Fizz and Pure Poppy- that is totally Dawn !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Marcia,
You are so right, prayers and Scripture are what brings healing and there is so much love going Dawn's way with this tribute. I love the verse you used on your card. It's gorgeous!

Kari D said...

Woo hoo, Marcia! You absolutely captured the Dawn spirit! Beautiful card!

TLady said...

GORGEOUS JOB!!!! ;) This is WONDERFUL & I'm SURE Dawn will LOVE IT!!! ;)

Bobby said...

What a fabulous design, Marcia. The sentiment, the colors, the flowers, they all go together so beautifully.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous!!! Dawn will LOVE it!!! :)

Maria said...

Wonderful sentiment and such gorgeous flowers!!

Ros Crawford said...

This card says it all perfectly and she will love it!

Helen F. said...

Marcia~Your card is pure Dawn. From the beautiful stamps and design to the gorgeous colors! She is going to love this one for sure :-)

Betty Wright said...

So beautiful! Love this set! Love the colors and details!

Carmela said...

Gorgeous card, Marcia! I love your design, the colors and your watercolors.