Friday, November 3, 2017

Loll's Splash Watercolouring Technique Challenge

Hello friends.  Loll is running a small mini challenge this week in honor of her Splash Watercolouring Technique video being featured over at Splitcoast Stampers.  This is a technique that I use quite often as it makes me feel like I'm a real watercolour artist, when in reality I just dabble in it...sometimes I get lucky and sometimes I don't!  However, with the Splash Watercolour Technique, it almost always comes out great!!  :0)


I used Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint Distress Inks for my splashing, and did 4 different layers with the two colors.  Once it was dry, I used a Tim Holtz stencil and did some "ghosting"...spraying the stencil quite liberally with my water mister and then laying down on my watercoloured piece.  My leaf die cut is from Poppystamps and is called Massa Leaf Background.  I embossed it twice to give it a nice solid copper look.  A simple white frame and a sentiment from PTI's Keep It Simple: Praying For You finished off my card.


There are still a few days to play along with this challenge, so check out Loll's FABULOUS video and beautiful card, and then play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


5 comments:

Birgit said...

This is so pretty Marcia! I love the colors of your honeycomb background. The copper leaf is stunning on this CAS card!

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous, love that splash watercolour background ant that wonderful die cut

Loll said...

LOVE your background Marcia. The ghosting really adds something special to your beautifully watercoloured background! The copper leaf and sentiment are so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in my Splash Watercolour challenge!! xx

Betty said...

your card is so lovely Marcia - the stenciling on the background adds so much and love your embossed leaves.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I'm going to have to check that one out...