Thursday, November 16, 2017

Loll's Twelve Tags Of Christmas

Hello friends.  Have you been enjoying Loll & Friends Twelve Tags Of Christmas so far?  I am going to be so sad when it's over tomorrow!  I think I mentioned in one of my previous posts, that when Loll asked me to GD for the event, I went a little crazy making tags before I came up with one that I thought was worthy of the event!  We're our own worst critics aren't we?!!  But anyway, I still have a few I haven't shared yet, so here's one where Loll and I were somewhat thinking along the same lines.  (you can see Loll's from Day 3 HERE.)  And here's mine:


Loll did a lot of masking on her tag so that she could make her leaves green, but I kept mine much simpler just sponging on red ink through the TH Poinsettia stencil.  I made sure my ink was good and dry before I added a layer of glass bead gel through the same stencil and then let that dry as well.  Red ink has a tendency to bleed when it comes in contact with anything wet (ask me how I know that!!), so it's very important to make sure your ink is good and dry before adding anything over top of it.  Once my tag was dry, I stamped some tiny gold dots, added die cut gold centers to the Poinsettias (from a Gina Marie Designs Poinsettia die), and a die cut "Rejoice" from Penny Black.  I also added another tag behind that I dry embossed using an old Darice folder.


Wish you could see the sparkle on this tag in person...glass bead gel sparkles like nothing else out there!


You have until the 24th of this month to link up your mixed media tags.  There is so much FABULOUS inspiration to get you started, so check it all out and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


7 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

This is so elegant, Marcia! I love the pairing of the gold and red, and that sparkle is gorgeous!

Loll said...

I love your double tag Marcia!! Your poinsettias are so gorgeous with the glass bead gel! And I love the backing tag with dry embossing for even more texture. Gorgeous tag!! Thanks for joining my tag event! xx

Nstiz said...

This one has a WOW factor! I'm surprised you could stamp over the glass bead gel. The effect- fabulous! Beautifully designed and love the double tag idea too!

Christine Alexander said...

Marcie your tag is gorgeous and so elegant. The glass beads have so much texture and accentuate the colour belo:)

Colleen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! did I tell you I love this tag? I loved Loll's too, but I don't have any of the glass beads that you both used! hmmm...a little enabling going on here!! Great tag my friend!!

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the tip about red ink Marcia. Yes I made a few tags before I thought one was worthy too x I adore your double tag, so very pretty, love the techniques and one stand out tag x

Susan said...

Love the two layers - great idea to emboss the back one! And your glass bead gel poinsettias are stunning - thanks for the tip about the red ink as I might CASE this!